Sands of Calimshan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» *Sigh* So....
New face curious to the server EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:19 pm by Serenity

» The Official Screenshot Thread
New face curious to the server EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:41 am by DM_Necromancy

» Will this affect Sands of Calimshan?
New face curious to the server EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:45 am by hjermind

» Interested in Server
New face curious to the server EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:32 am by Serenity

» Server Not Recognized
New face curious to the server EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 am by Serenity

» Releasing My Builder's Pack
New face curious to the server EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 pm by Serenity

» Whelp, It Happened Again...
New face curious to the server EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:24 pm by Serenity

» Screenshots
New face curious to the server EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm by Orlitoq

» On my endless flow of requests...
New face curious to the server EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:40 pm by DM_Necromancy

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New face curious to the server

4 posters

Go down

New face curious to the server Empty New face curious to the server

Post  Spoonpocalypse Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi!

I was just wondering if there was a way to participate in the alpha.

Otherwise, good luck with your development! I saw someone posted wanting xp craft down below in another thread. It's pretty easy to set up depending on how your haks are arranged. I could show you how if needed.

Spoonpocalypse

Back to top Go down

New face curious to the server Empty Re: New face curious to the server

Post  Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Right now, we've got all the people we need for testing and development. We're also quite capable with regards to xp_craft. Rest assured that it is being added, but thanks for offering! ^.^

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the server, we'd be glad to hear them.
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlitoq Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am

Welcome aboard!

Sadly you are not the only one who wants to run around in what they have done so far; I too really want to poke around the server. At least we are moving towards getting the server up and running, and you and I can hopefully get our noses in there eventually.
Orlitoq
Orlitoq

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoonpocalypse Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Serenity wrote:Right now, we've got all the people we need for testing and development. We're also quite capable with regards to xp_craft. Rest assured that it is being added, but thanks for offering! ^.^

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the server, we'd be glad to hear them.

It's hard to say, I don't know what your vision for the server is. I think one question that comes to mind would be: How do you plan to handle the base setting's alignment/boundaries? I mean, I don't think Calimshan is generally good or evil, just self serving, right? Also, there's a lot of room for conflict with stuff like nobility and slavery etc..

Where will the server draw the line in terms of policies? (I'm not making a case for or against anything, I'm just curious!)

Spoonpocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Judas Iscariot Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Spoonpocalypse wrote:It's hard to say, I don't know what your vision for the server is. I think one question that comes to mind would be: How do you plan to handle the base setting's alignment/boundaries? I mean, I don't think Calimshan is generally good or evil, just self serving, right? Also, there's a lot of room for conflict with stuff like nobility and slavery etc..

Where will the server draw the line in terms of policies? (I'm not making a case for or against anything, I'm just curious!)

Our vision from the server (at least from my POV on how to answer this) is that it is a place where we are as lore accurate as possible, where we promote player initiative, where intrigue and political plotting is encouraged, where players/characters can have a real impact on the world, and where IC actions have IC consequences. That's a high-level/server-wide answer.

Calimshan is pretty neutral - only because there are so many evil forces and so many good forces all thrown in together into such a huge city, forced to mingle with people who are only looking out for themselves and their loved ones alongside people who champion more goodly causes, that it balances out in the city as a whole. Every possible alignment is going to be butting heads with one another. It may not always be obvious who your enemy is, or who your ally is. Anything could be a source of conflict - including slavery and connections to nobility, but also connections to any number of other factions that may exist.

What do you mean when you ask about server policies? OOC or IC? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Derp, edit to add:

As far as helping us test, we have a pretty good sized staff pool that is helping us out right now as we march through alpha. We're keeping it closed to staff-only right now because much of the alpha testing stage is integrating core systems while we continue to expand more areas. What we ask ourselves during this time is "Does this stuff work on a technical level without blowing anything up or turning our characters into rugs?"

Once we get into beta then the real polishing off starts, then the question is "Does this look good? Is this fine-tuned properly?" We might add a few close friends into the mix at the beta stage, by invite-only, when we need a complete outsider's view on the process and product. Beta testers won't have any head-start on everyone else though; testing characters will get deleted prior to going live.

Unlike other servers, we don't want the beta period to last forever, because that gives a sense of uncertainty to the whole project. We will go live, and will definitely put the word out when its happening. That does not mean the world will stop changing and growing though.

Many people have asked us when we will be up and running. I can't give an ETA because I honestly just don't know, it depends on too many things, and none of us want to deliver a world that feels unfinished or sloppy. I also don't want to give an ETA, because the pressure to meet or beat a deadline won't help us. Just rest assured that none of us are slacking off and we are putting as much time and effort into this project as we can spare.
Judas Iscariot
Judas Iscariot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down